- The seventh Meeting of the PCB Management Committee held at Gaddafi...
- Domestic Cricket Structure & Domestic Calendar 2014-15
- The Pakistan National Cricket team visited the Army Relief Camp at...
- PCB announces high profile Bid Committees for Media Rights & PSL
- Pakistan Women Team Management announced for Australia Tour & for 17th...
'Pakistan are dangerous'
India need to raise their performance against “dangerous” Pakistan in order to win: Kirsten.
MOHALI: India need to raise their performance against “dangerous” Pakistan in order to win, said coach Gary Kirsten.
He also added Pakistan were known for playing “fearless” cricket, according to the Hindustan Times, which published excerpts of a 16-page document, “Roadmap to Success”, prepared by the coach on how to win the tournament.
“A combination of big-hitters and a potent pace attack with a decent spin attack to follow the pacers makes Pakistan a very dangerous side,” said Kirsten in the dossier.
The former South African batsman also said inconsistency was Pakistan’s main concern.
“Pakistan have a tendency to blow hot and cold. It’s a great chance for them to show the world what they are capable of … The tag of dark horses suits them and enables them to perform harder.”
Kirsten also highlights areas where India need to improve, like batting out the 50 overs, making the most of batting Powerplay, fielding and the support for fast-bowler Zaheer Khan. The India coach also described record-breaking batsman Sachin Tendulkar as his “hero” and all-rounder Yuvraj Singh as the “Superman”.
The dossier, already circulated to the players, also includes tips on diet and avoiding stress.