- PCB condoles the death of former Test cricketer Khalid Hasan
- NIB Bank Presents Cool & Cool Cup Pakistan Vs Sri Lanka Cricket Series...
- Final of Faysal Bank T20 Cup for Departments
- Pakistan Team Management announced for the Sri Lankan Series
- Pakistan T20 squad for 3-T20 against Afghanistan and Sri Lanka in UAE
Akmal: Drops not deliberate
Akmal: Dropped catches
Pakistan wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal denies attempting to influence the outcome of last year's Sydney Test against Australia.
Akmal came in for criticism after dropping Mike Hussey three times as batsman Mike Hussey made a second innings century in the Aussies' 36-run triumph.
But Akmal, playing for Pakistan at the World Cup, told the Herald Sun he would never fix a match.
"I will never ever think like that. I play for love of cricket, not for money," he said.
"I have never been asked to do this (match-fixing).
"I didn't drop catches to help Australia.
"These things happen. Not every day is a good day in cricket.
"Sometimes you have good days and other days you have bad games but I have tried very hard in every game I play for Pakistan.
"I have ignored all this, I play for honesty, I play to win for my country."