- Pakistan Women Team announced for ICC Global T-20 Qualifiers & for...
- PCB codoles the death of Ali Ahmed brother
- PCB announced Players central Contracts for 2013
- First meeting of the Board of Governors under the new Constitution of the...
- PCB Chairman & entire management wished Imran Khan a most speedy recovery
Clarification about a news item published today in national daily newspaper
Lahore February 28, 2013: A news item published today in national daily newspaper, The PCB intends to rebut the story in which it is claimed that "stakeholders were not consulted by the PCB selectors before the Test squad was named".
"The PCB rebuts this attempt to create such a patently false perception", said the PCB spokesman. The job description of the selectors is doing the selection and similarly the job of the captain and the team management is to derive optimum result from the squad. Yet, asserted the PCB spokesman, that on all occasions – prior to announcing the Test and subsequently ODI and T20 squads and before sending replacements to South Africa - the selectors had taken the preferences of all the stakeholders into cognizance. This has been the normal practice for the selection of National Squads.