- 3rd Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Women Cricket Challenge Trophy T-20
- PEPSI-PCB Stars Program for U-16s Trails at National Stadium Karachi
- PCB setup a committee to scrutinize and evaluate the applications for...
- PCB announces induction of Zaheer Abbas & Moin Khan in PCB Team
- PCB condoles the death of Sheikh Khaliq Ahmed
Commonwealth games: CGF to push for Twenty20 inclusion
The Commonwealth Games Federation is to approach the International Cricket Council again to push for Twenty20 cricket’s inclusion in future events.
KUALA LUMPUR: The Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) is to approach the International Cricket Council (ICC) again to push for Twenty20 cricket’s inclusion in future events.
Organisers of last year’s Delhi Commonwealth Games were keen to include Twenty20 cricket but the Indian cricket board rejected the suggestion, saying it did not want to further encourage this format of the game.
India, therefore, sent a second-string squad when cricket featured in the 1998 Kuala Lumpur Games.
Meanwhile, the federation also said it would ask its 71 member countries to vote on whether to include beach volleyball from the 2018 Games.