- The seventh Meeting of the PCB Management Committee held at Gaddafi...
- Domestic Cricket Structure & Domestic Calendar 2014-15
- The Pakistan National Cricket team visited the Army Relief Camp at...
- PCB announces high profile Bid Committees for Media Rights & PSL
- Pakistan Women Team Management announced for Australia Tour & for 17th...
CSA reinstate former president
JOHANNESBURG: Cricket South Africa (CSA) will abide by a high court order to reinstate former president Mtutuzeli Nyoka, the governing body said.
Nyoka was removed in February after a vote of no confidence from the board but he took CSA to court, claiming the correct procedure was not followed because he did not receive proper notification of the meeting that led to his ousting.
“The board has agreed in the interests of cricket to abide by the judgement handed down in the South Gauteng High Court on April 15,” CSA said in a statement after a board meeting on Wednesday.
“Accordingly ... Nyoka has been reinstated as president and chairman of the board of directors with immediate effect. The meeting unanimously agreed to abandon any appeal process in relation to the judgement.”