World XI Media Advisory
Dubai, 9 September 2017
DARREN SAMMY AND BEN CUTTING SPEAK WITH THE MEDIA IN DUBAI
World XI players Darren Sammy and Ben Cutting spoke with the media in Dubai on Saturday, 9 September. The unedited video clips can be downloaded from http://tinyurl.com/y9zhp4pd.
The World XI will hold a training session at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium in Dubai Sports City on Sunday, 10 September, from 13h00. Beforehand, Hashim Amla and Grant Elliott will be available for media interviews.
The World XI will arrive in Lahore in the wee hours of Monday for the Independence Cup T20Is against Pakistan on 12, 13 and 15 September. The World XI’s scheduled of media activities in Lahore will be announced on Sunday.
The World XI for the Independence Cup is:
1. Faf du Plessis (captain) (South Africa)
2. Hashim Amla (South Africa)
3. Samuel Badree (Windies)
4. George Bailey (Australia)
5. Paul Collingwood (England)
6. Ben Cutting (Australia)
7. Grant Elliott (New Zealand)
8. Tamim Iqbal (Bangladesh)
9. David Miller (South Africa)
10. Morne Morkel (South Africa)
11. Tim Paine (wicketkeeper) (Australia)
12. Thisara Perera (Sri Lanka)
13. Darren Sammy (Windies)
14. Imran Tahir (South Africa)
Former Zimbabwe captain and ex-England coach Andy Flower is the coach of the side, while Will Quin is the manager.