First meeting of the Board of Governors under the new Constitution of the PCB was held at Islamabad
Lahore May 8, 2013: Today, the first meeting of the Board of Governors (BOG) under the new Constitution of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) was held at Islamabad. The following were in attendance:
1. Ch. Muhammad Zaka Ashraf, Chairman PCB
2. Mr. Naveed Akram Cheema, Member BOG
3. Mr. Shakil Ahmad Sheikh, Member BOG
4. Mr. Muhammad Rafiq Bughio, Member BOG
5. Mr. Wisal Muhammad Durrani, Member BOG
6. Mr. Qaisar Khan Jamali, Member BOG
7. Mr. Aly Mustansir, Member BOG
8. Mr. Masood Anwar Hamid, Member BOG
9. Mr. Muhammad Haroon Rasheed, Member BOG
10. Mr. Muhammad Iqbal Qasim, Member BOG
11. Mr. Subhan Ahmad, Chief Operating Officer, PCB
12. Mr. Badar Manzoor Khan, Chief Financial Officer, PCB
On legal and constitutional matters the BOG was assisted by Mr. Imtiaz Siddique, former Judge High Court, and Mr. Taffazul Haider Rizvi, Legal Advisor PCB.
Inter alia the BOG, as per PCB Constitution, elected two of its members namely Mr. Naveed Akram Cheema and Mr. Muhammad Rafiq Bughio to represent the BOG in the Nomination Committee. Earlier the Patron had appointed Mr. Justice (R) Maulvi Anwar ul Haq, Consultant (Legal Affairs) President’s Sect. and Ch. Qamar Zaman, Secretary (Education and Training) as Patrons nominees on the Nomination Committee.
The Nomination Committee held its meeting today at Islamabad and interviewed the two candidates recommended by the Patron, Ch. Muhammad Zaka Ashraf and Mr. Aftab Ahmad Khan, FCA, former Chairman Lahore Stock Exchange and after deliberation unanimously recommended the name of Ch. Muhammad Zaka Ashraf for the post of Chairman PCB.
Thereafter, the Board of Governors (BOG) reassembled and provided leave to chairman to excuse himself. The BOG considered and unanimously endorsed the recommended nominee of the Patron and the Nomination Committee, Ch. Muhammad Zaka Ashraf to be the Chairman of the PCB with effect from today.
Ch. Muhammad Zaka Ashraf has taken over as the first elected Chairman of the PCB who will serve his tenure of four years from today as prescribed in the PCB Constitution.
Issued as per order of the BOG PCB