- 3rd Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Women Cricket Challenge Trophy T-20
- PEPSI-PCB Stars Program for U-16s Trails at National Stadium Karachi
- PCB setup a committee to scrutinize and evaluate the applications for...
- PCB announces induction of Zaheer Abbas & Moin Khan in PCB Team
- PCB condoles the death of Sheikh Khaliq Ahmed
Openers are unsure about tactics
PALLEKELE (Agencies) - Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi said Sunday his opening batsmen were struggling in the World Cup because they were unsure whether to play positively or just try to survive early overs.
"At the moment, openers are thinking let's play 15 overs, but don't lose wickets and another way they are thinking is to play their positive game," Afridi said. Openers Hafeez and Ahmed Shehzad have scored just 93 runs between them in four matches as their poor starts have put the middle-order under pressure and the team failed to cross the 200-run mark against Canada and New Zealand.
"It's a very good combination (of openers) but the boys are not performing," Afridi said. "We are trying to give them confidence to perform."