- The seventh Meeting of the PCB Management Committee held at Gaddafi...
- Domestic Cricket Structure & Domestic Calendar 2014-15
- The Pakistan National Cricket team visited the Army Relief Camp at...
- PCB announces high profile Bid Committees for Media Rights & PSL
- Pakistan Women Team Management announced for Australia Tour & for 17th...
PCB condoles the death of Haseeb Ahsan
Lahore–8 March, 2013: Chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board Ch. Zaka Ashraf, Chief Operating Officer Subhan Ahmad, Director General Javed Miandad and. Chairperson Women’s Wing Ms. Bushra Aitizaz have condoled the death of Haseeb Ahsan.
Haseeb breathed his last in Karachi early on Friday (March 8) after protracted illness for the last few years, at the age of 73 years and 236 days.
"Haseeb was not only a superb Test cricketer but also was a good administrator who intimately knew the game. His death is a loss to the cricketing fraternity”, said Ch. Zaka Ashraf while condoling on his death.
A Test cricketer of the late 1950 and early 1960 bowled right-arm off-spin, Haseeb gained prominence as a selector and chief selector and also as manager of the Pakistan squads in the1980s. The most notable of these was his assignment as manager on the 1987 tour of England when Pakistan for the first time triumphed in a Test rubber in the mother country.
"The PCB hierarchy and its entire staff pray to Almighty to bestow the departed soul with eternal peace and grant the family and the dear ones the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss", said the PCB spokesman.