- The seventh Meeting of the PCB Management Committee held at Gaddafi...
- Domestic Cricket Structure & Domestic Calendar 2014-15
- The Pakistan National Cricket team visited the Army Relief Camp at...
- PCB announces high profile Bid Committees for Media Rights & PSL
- Pakistan Women Team Management announced for Australia Tour & for 17th...
PCB condoles the death of Munir Hussain
LAHORE–29 July, 2013: Acting Chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board Mr Najam Sethi, Chief Operating Officer Subhan Ahmad and Director General Javed Miandad offered their heartfelt condolences over the sad demise of veteran journalist and broadcaster Munir Hussain.
Munir Hussain who had been ill for the last many months, breathed his last Monday morning. He was a known and much-loved figure amongst cricketers and journalist community. He founded Akhbar-e-Watan, an Urdu cricket monthly, in the early 1970s. The magazine was quite popular amongst those cricket fans who preferred vernacular writing on cricket. Munir also wrote a popular weekly column in Jung for years, and was also commentated on the game on television and radio in the 1970s.
"Munir Bhai, a journalist and broadcaster of renown from the early 1970s, had a fan following of his own. He was an informed, easygoing and affable personality; his death will be widely mourned by the journalist and broadcast community as well as cricketing fraternity across the country”, said the PCB Chairman in his condolence message.
"The PCB hierarchy and its entire staff pray to Almighty to bestow the departed soul with eternal peace and grant the family and the dear ones the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss", said the PCB spokesman.