- Domestic Cricket Structure & Domestic Calendar 2014-15
- The Pakistan National Cricket team visited the Army Relief Camp at...
- PCB announces high profile Bid Committees for Media Rights & PSL
- Pakistan Women Team Management announced for Australia Tour & for 17th...
- PCB Women Wing shocked, saddened at Haleema Rafiq suicide
PCB constituted a three-member committee to look into the participation of Pakistani Players in a Disapproved Cricket Tournament
Lahore – May 15, 2014: PCB constituted a three-member committee to look into the participation of Pakistani Players in a Disapproved Cricket Tournament (Friendship Cup T20) in Houston, USA as well as the appearance of Director Marketing PCB at the same event. The committee comprised of Director Domestic Cricket, Mr Intikhab Alam, GM Vigilance & Security, Col (Retd.) Azam Khan and Manager International Cricket Mr. Usman Wahla.
After thorough investigations, the Committee has made its recommendations, which are:
1) Since Wahab Riaz, Fawad Alam, Nasir Jamshaid, Abdul Razzaq and Shahzeb Hasan admitted that they had participated in an event that under the ICC Regulations is considered Disapproved Cricket, their contention of not being aware of the NOC requirement was not accepted by the Committee, which recommended that each of them should be fined Rs.500, 000.
2) As Danish Kaneria is serving a life ban and also did not appear at the hearing nor did he respond to notice in writing, the committee referred his case to the Integrity Committee for further suitable action against him.
3) As for the Director Marketing, the Committee concluded that he was neither involved in the organization nor inviting players for the event. He just briefly attended one match only on invitation of the organizers and while his subsequent photograph with Danish Kaneria was a case of poor judgement, there was nothing to suggest that he conducted himself in any inappropriate manner. However, in the Committee's opinion, he should have shown better judgement and avoided being photographed with a banned player. Hence, an official reprimand is recommended.
The recommendations of the Inquiry Committee have been accepted by PCB.