- Pakistan Women Team announced for ICC Global T-20 Qualifiers & for...
- PCB codoles the death of Ali Ahmed brother
- PCB announced Players central Contracts for 2013
- First meeting of the Board of Governors under the new Constitution of the...
- PCB Chairman & entire management wished Imran Khan a most speedy recovery
Perfect present on national day
DHAKA - Pakistan skipper Shahid Afridi on Wednesday said the huge World Cup quarter-final victory over West Indies was the perfect present his team could give to fans back home on the country's national day. "This is the best gift we could give back to the nation on Pakistan Day," a beaming Afridi said after his side cantered to a 10-wicket romp over a listless Caribbean side.
"We have planned for each and every game and tried to stick to these plans. It was good to see (Mohammad) Hafeez and Kamran (Akmal) doing a great job." Afridi also contributed to the huge win, bagging fours wickets for 30 runs off 9.3 overs to consolidate his position as the tournament's leading wicket-taker. "I just tried to maintain my line and length," said the leg-spinner. "These were perfect conditions for spin if you landed it on the length. We had tried (Abdur) Rehman against New Zealand and Australia and he did well."Today we backed Hafeez and he pulled it off with the new ball."