Lahore April 14, 2017: The Anti-Corruption Tribunal held its hearing today at the National Cricket Academy, Lahore and the following were in attendance:
- Jus. (R) Asghar Haider (Chairman)
- Lt. Gen. (R) Tauqir Zia (Member)
- Mr.Wasim Bari (Member)
- Mr.Sharjeel Khan, along withMr.Shaigan Ijaz Advocate
- Mr.Taffazul Rizvi andMr.Haider Ali Khan Advocates for PCB
- Mr.Salman Naseer, GM Legal Affairs PCB
- Col. (R) Mohammad Azam Khan, Head of PCB’s Vigilance and Security Department
PCB submitted its Opening Brief to the Anti-Corruption Tribunal which details its claims along with all the supporting evidence. This includes, amongst other material, witness statements, recorded interviews, match footage, and copies of certain WhatsApp voice messages.
The Anti-Corruption Tribunal directed that the parties would not make any comments regarding the proceedings of this Tribunal, the contents of the evidence presented to this Tribunal, or on the merits of the present proceedings.
A copy of the opening brief along with all the material was also provided to Mr. Sharjeel Khan and his counsel who shall respond by filing an Answering Brief before the Tribunal on 5th May 2017.