- 3rd Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Women Cricket Challenge Trophy T-20
- PEPSI-PCB Stars Program for U-16s Trails at National Stadium Karachi
- PCB setup a committee to scrutinize and evaluate the applications for...
- PCB announces induction of Zaheer Abbas & Moin Khan in PCB Team
- PCB condoles the death of Sheikh Khaliq Ahmed
Riaz grabs limelight
MOHALI - Fast bowler Wahab Riaz emerged from the shadows with a career-best five for 46 in Wednesday's World Cup semi-final as India made 260 for nine though pakistan lost.
The left-armer, who comes from Punjab, has often only played when others were injured, and all eyes focused on the likes of reverse-swing specialist Umar Gul and express quick Shoaib Akhtar. However, Pakistan's decision to keep the 35-year-old Akhtar on the sidelines put Riaz in the spotlight, as he would have been the man dropped if the Shoaib had been recalled.