- PM endorses Najam Sethi as Pakistan nominee for next ICC President
- Pakistan 'A' squad for New Zealand three-day game named
- Preview: Pakistan all set for first series win over Australia in 20 years
- Score Summary: Second match Pakistan U-19 v Afghanistan U-19
- PCB condoles the death of Emmad Hameed's father
Sohail Tanvir to be replaced with Junaid Khan in World Cup Squad
Lahore February 9, 2011: ICC accepts the request of PCB to replace Sohain Tanvir with Junaid Khan in the Pakistan Squad for ICC Cricket World Cup 2011.
PCB medical team comprising Faisal Hayat, Dr Sohail Salim and Dr Riaz Ahmed discussed the fitness matters of Sohail Tanvir in the light of input received from the Team Management after return of the team from New Zealand. The panel opined that though the recovery from a knee operation was good, during the tour it was observed that quick movements and pickup with weight particularly on the operated knee is hindering his mobility and requires him to take a few extra steps to balance himself before throwing
The medical team and team management have opined that Sohail Tanvir still requires time to attain 100% fitness before he can compete at international level.
Keeping in view the Medical team’s recommendation, PCB, in consultation with Mr. Mohsin Hasan Khan, Chairman National Selection Committee sent Junaid Khan’s name to ICC’s Technical Committee for approval as replacement for Sohail Tanvir. ICC has approved this request.