- Pakistan Women Team announced for ICC Global T-20 Qualifiers & for...
- PCB codoles the death of Ali Ahmed brother
- PCB announced Players central Contracts for 2013
- First meeting of the Board of Governors under the new Constitution of the...
- PCB Chairman & entire management wished Imran Khan a most speedy recovery
Spokesman of PCB apprises that a meeting of senior officials was held at PCB today
Lahore September 14, 2012: Spokesman of Pakistan Cricket Board apprises that a meeting of senior officials was held at PCB today. Chairman PCB presided the meeting. Following decisions were taken in the meeting:
The Pakistan Cricket Board believes that the omission of Saeed Ajmal’s name from the short-lists of Cricket of the year and Test Cricketer of the year is injustice to the talent and achievements of the said player. The PCB feels that the ICC’s process of the short-listing needs to be reviewed and there should be mechanism to correct errors.
Although the PCB has strongly registered its protest with ICC already and has conveyed them the sentiments of the people of Pakistan and fans and legends of cricket on this issue, yet to underpin our principled stance on Saeed Ajmal’s case it has been decided:
1. The matter will be raised in the upcoming CEC meeting of the ICC and a review of the process would to be sought to avoid any such incidents in future. Corrective measures would be suggested.
2. The PCB will impress upon this issue at other forums of cricketing community and all necessary input will be sought to devise a mechanism which is performance based and is acceptable to a wider segment of cricket fans.
3. Although the PCB’s stands with reservations on the issue yet it is decided not to boycott the awards ceremony and as a token send some squad members to the event. However no senior board official will attend the ceremony.