- The seventh Meeting of the PCB Management Committee held at Gaddafi...
- Domestic Cricket Structure & Domestic Calendar 2014-15
- The Pakistan National Cricket team visited the Army Relief Camp at...
- PCB announces high profile Bid Committees for Media Rights & PSL
- Pakistan Women Team Management announced for Australia Tour & for 17th...
The second meeting of Interim Management Committee
Lahore November 26, 2013: The second meeting of Interim Management Committee (IMC) of PCB was held today at Gaddafi Stadium Lahore. The following attended:
Mr. Najam Sethi - Chairman
Mr. Shaharyar M. Khan - Member
Mr. Naveed Akram Cheema - Member
Mr. Zaheer Abbas - Member
Mr. Haroon Rasheed - Member
Mr. Subhan Ahmad - Chief Operating Officer PCB
Mr. Salman Naseer - Secretary
Mr. Taffazul Rizvi (Legal Advisor) Special Invitee
Following matters were discussed at the meeting:
1. The IMC was briefed by Mr. Taffazul Rizvi on the status of legal cases involving PCB and were updated that the cases would again be placed before the Islamabad High Court in the first week of December.
2. IMC endorsed a proposal from PCB management to name one of the Media Centre at National Stadium Karachi after late Mr. Munir Hussain, for his services as sports journalist, commentator and administrator.
3. The IMC was advised that various Interim Committees appointed in the Regions had been removed and those office bearers of associations whose tenures had expired, had also been removed. The PCB Domestic Department would manage the affairs of such associations till election of office bearers.
4. It was also brought to the notice of IMC that election process in various Regions and Districts had been started.
5. The list of employees whose contracts had not been renewed, was discussed and IMC noted that a total of 21 employees contracts that had expired in October 2013, had not been renewed. IMC reaffirmed its earlier decision of authorizing the Chairman IMC to decide further on whether to extend or not the contracts of employees expiring in November 2013.
6. IMC received an update from PCB management on the terms and conditions agreed for the ongoing tour by Pakistan team to South Africa and appreciated the efforts of PCB management for arranging this short tour on terms which were beneficial to PCB.
7. PCB management updated the IMC on the commercial rights for domestic season, recently finalized through bidding process under which Faysal Bank (Lead Sponsor), PTV (broadcaster) and Transmedia Group (In-stadia rights) had been awarded the commercial rights.
IMC agreed that M/s Zaheer Abbas and Haroon Rasheed, being the two cricketers on the committee, will provide input to Chairman IMC on cricket affairs.