Lahore, September 30, 2017: Following a review of the current women cricket structure after a dismal performance of the team in the recently concluded World Cup, the PCB has reviewed the relevant reports of Coach, Captain, Chief Selector and Manager and has interviewed the Manager, Captain and GM Women Cricket.
The following decisions have been taken to address the decline in the performance of women team:
- Change in the leadership of women wing. Search for a new GM Women Cricket will be started through an ad in the newspaper.
- Change in Team Manager. A new Team Manager will be appointed in due course meanwhile Ms. Ayesha Ashhar is being given an interim charge of women wing till such time an appointment of GM Women Cricket is made.
- Sana Mir has been replaced as Captain of Pakistan women team in 50 over format but she will be eligible for selection as a player in both formats of the game.
- Bismah Maroof has been given captaincy for One Day format of the game in addition to her current position as Captain of T20 format.
- The Selection Committee has been disbanded and process of appointing new members of the Selection Committee will be started soon.
Chairman PCB Mr. Najam Sethi stated, “These are well thought out decisions taken after a comprehensive internal review. I am hopeful that we will transform women cricket into a well-knit unit both on field and at the management level. Sana Mir has great contributions towards Pakistan's Women cricket. She has played an instrumental role for women's cricket in Pakistan. She has led the team with great respect and had always used her best abilities to serve women's team.”