Lahore May 4, 2017: The Anti-Corruption Tribunal held its preliminary hearing today at the National Cricket Academy, Lahore and the following were in attendance:
1. Jus. (R) Asghar Haider (Chairman)
2. Lt. Gen. (R) Tauqir Zia (Member)
3. Mr. Wasim Bari (Member)
4. Advocates of Shahzaib Hasan
5. Mr. Taffazul Rizvi, Haider Ali Khan, Advocates for PCB and Salman Naseer GM Legal PCB
6. Col. (R) Mohammad Azam Khan, Head of PCB’s Vigilance and Security Department
PCB submitted its Opening Brief to the Anti-Corruption Tribunal which details its claims along with all the supporting evidence. This includes, amongst other material, witness statements, recorded interviews, and copies of certain WhatsApp voice messages.
The Anti-Corruption Tribunal directed that the parties would not make any comments regarding the proceedings of this Tribunal, the contents of the evidence presented to this Tribunal, or on the merits of the present proceedings.
A copy of the opening brief along with all the material was also provided to Mr. Shahzaib Hasan and his counsel who shall respond by filing an Answering Brief before the Tribunal on 18th May 2017.