- Trials to Select Pakistan U-19 Team for three match ODI series against...
- Media accreditation process opens for ICC Cricket World Cup 2015
- Pakisan's second string upset Australia in four day
- Pakistan name squad for the first Test against Australia
- "The future of Pakistan women's cricket is really bright" : Sana Mir
PCB organizing a ceremony to pay tribute to Air Marshal Nur Khan
Tribute to a Legend Air Marshal ® Nur Khan Ex President Pakistan Cricket Board
Lahore December 28, 2011: Pakistan Cricket Board is organizing a ceremony to pay tribute to Air Marshal® Nur Khan on January 3, 2012.
Air Marshal® Nur Khan remained President of Pakistan Cricket Board (formerly BCCP) from 1980-1984. He died at Rawalpindi on December 15, 2011.
As President PCB Nur Khan initiated the successful Endeavour to take the World Cup out of England, the first three editions had been held, for the first time and bring it to the sub-continent in 1987. He also mooted the idea of the ICC match referee and neutral umpires – both an integral part of international cricket under the ICC’s aegis.
Nur Khan’s legend was not limited to cricket alone. He promoted hockey and squash, and left his indelible imprint on both these sports as well.