- Appointment of Field, TV and Reserve umpires for Pakistan Vs Australia...
- PCB, LUMS collaborate to advance cricket
- Team Pakistan departs for Dubai tomorrow
- PCB to hold day-long Curators' Workshops at Rawalpindi, Lahore and Karachi
- National Selection Committee announced ten players for three day workshop,...
PCB organizing a ceremony to pay tribute to Air Marshal Nur Khan
Tribute to a Legend Air Marshal ® Nur Khan Ex President Pakistan Cricket Board
Lahore December 28, 2011: Pakistan Cricket Board is organizing a ceremony to pay tribute to Air Marshal® Nur Khan on January 3, 2012.
Air Marshal® Nur Khan remained President of Pakistan Cricket Board (formerly BCCP) from 1980-1984. He died at Rawalpindi on December 15, 2011.
As President PCB Nur Khan initiated the successful Endeavour to take the World Cup out of England, the first three editions had been held, for the first time and bring it to the sub-continent in 1987. He also mooted the idea of the ICC match referee and neutral umpires – both an integral part of international cricket under the ICC’s aegis.
Nur Khan’s legend was not limited to cricket alone. He promoted hockey and squash, and left his indelible imprint on both these sports as well.