- PM endorses Najam Sethi as Pakistan nominee for next ICC President
- Pakistan 'A' squad for New Zealand three-day game named
- Preview: Pakistan all set for first series win over Australia in 20 years
- Score Summary: Second match Pakistan U-19 v Afghanistan U-19
- PCB condoles the death of Emmad Hameed's father
Clarification about a news item published today in national daily newspaper
Lahore February 28, 2013: A news item published today in national daily newspaper, The PCB intends to rebut the story in which it is claimed that "stakeholders were not consulted by the PCB selectors before the Test squad was named".
"The PCB rebuts this attempt to create such a patently false perception", said the PCB spokesman. The job description of the selectors is doing the selection and similarly the job of the captain and the team management is to derive optimum result from the squad. Yet, asserted the PCB spokesman, that on all occasions – prior to announcing the Test and subsequently ODI and T20 squads and before sending replacements to South Africa - the selectors had taken the preferences of all the stakeholders into cognizance. This has been the normal practice for the selection of National Squads.