Lahore February 11, 2014: The First Meeting of the Management (MC) Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) was held today at the Gaddafi Stadium Lahore. The following member of the MC were in attendance:
1. Mr. Najam Aziz Sethi Chairman PCB
2. Mr. Shahryar Khan Member MC
3. Mr. Zaheer Abbas Member MC
4. Mr. Shakil Shaikh Member MC
5. Mr. Iqbal Qasim Member MC
6. Mr. Subhan Ahmad Chief operating Officer PCB
7. Bar. Salman Naseer Secretary to the MC
Mr. TaffazulHaider Rizvi attended the meeting upon special invitation,
The MC decided in principle that any decision which lacks transparency or due process shall not be ratified and only such decisions will which fulfill the said benchmark; inter alia it was decided;
- · The Circular Resolution electing Mr. Najam Aziz Sethi as Chairman PCB was ratified.
- · Principally agreed to appoint an Advisory Committee on Regional Affairs comprising of representatives of Regions
- · Principally agreed to appoint an Advisory Committee on Cricketing Affairs comprising of Ex-Cricket Captains and Former Chairman of PCB
- · The MC examined the circumstances surrounding the removal of Mr. Taffazul Haider Rizvi, Advocate Supreme Court from the panel of legal consultants and decided to re-appoint him with immediate effect
- · Notification reinstating Interim Committees in various RCAs and DCAs was issued without due process and without lawful authority and is without legal effect.
- · The appointments of Mr. Basit Ali and Mr. Muhammad Ilyas were not in accordance with PCB Services Rules. Their appointments are declared as void abinitio, null and void.
- · PCB Service Rules were not followed in the decision to appoint him. Further, the record reflects that Mr. Amir Sohail was never issued a letter of appointment for any post in PCB therefore he holds no post in PCB.
- · Mr. Muhammad Akram had already been appointed as Bowling Coach for 2 years by the dissolved BOG. That decision has been confirmed also keeping view the recommendations of the Coach Committee.
- · After evaluating the recommendations of the Coach Committee comprising of Mr. Javed Miandad, Mr. Wasim Akram, and Mr. Intikhab Alam, the MC approved Option 1 of the recommendation in full. However, the MC decided following appointments shall be for the next 2 tours (Asia Cup and World T-20)
o Mr. Moin Khan as Head Coach
o Mr. Shoaib Muhammad as Fielding Coach
- · The MC also decided to appoint Mr. Zaheer Abbas as Chief Cricket Consultant.
- · The MC decided to continue with the existing Selection Committee with Mr. Azhar Khan as Acting Chairman Selection Committee.
ICC Revamp And The Way Forward
The COO briefed the MC about the proposed resolutions and outcome of the ICC meetings. The matters were discussed and keeping in view the importance of the issue, it has been decided to take the discussions forward in the next MC Meeting to be held shortly.