- Domestic Cricket Structure & Domestic Calendar 2014-15
- The Pakistan National Cricket team visited the Army Relief Camp at...
- PCB announces high profile Bid Committees for Media Rights & PSL
- Pakistan Women Team Management announced for Australia Tour & for 17th...
- PCB Women Wing shocked, saddened at Haleema Rafiq suicide
Lahore High Court dismisses petition against extension of tenure of PCB Management Committee
LAHORE–June 9, 2014: The Lahore High Court today dismissed a writ petition challenging extension of tenure of the PCB’s Management Committee by the Inter Provincial Coordination (IPC) Ministry Islamabad for 120 days with effect from 9th June 2014.
The prime minister as patron of the Board had ordered the extension of the Management Committee for another 120 days, which was subsequently notified by the federal government on June 6 through the IPC ministry.
The PCB’s legal counsel Mr. Taffazul Haider Rizvi had raised a preliminary objection to the maintainability of the writ petition, taking the plea that the matter was sub-judice before the Honorable Supreme Court of Pakistan.
After hearing the preliminary arguments of both the counsel on a writ petition filed by Naushad Ahmad, Justice Mansoor Ali Shah declared: “Since the matter was already sub-judice before the Honorable Supreme Court, the High Court therefore could not take up such a writ.”
The counsel for the petitioner, Barrister Harris Ramzan, had pleaded before the Lahore High Court that he was not aware that the matter was already pending before the Supreme Court.