- Regional/Departmental U-19 three day semi finals day three
- Regional/Departmental U-19 three day semi finals day two
- Officials for Pakistan v Sri Lanka and Afghanistan matches in UAE
- Regional/Departmental U-19 three day semi finals day one
- The Pakistan T20 squad arrived at Dubai from Lahore today morning
PCB clarifies Saeed Ajmals comments
Lahore February 7, 2012: Pakistan Team Manager Naveed Akram Cheema, while clarifying off-spinner Saeed Ajmal’s comments on his bowling action, has issued the following statement:
“The ICC’s level of tolerance of 15 degrees relates to the degree of elbow extension that is permitted in the bowling action i.e. the amount by which the arm is straightening.
“Previous tests conducted on the action of Saeed Ajmal show that the degree of elbow extension is well within ICC’s tolerance levels.
“Saeed Ajmal was referring to the angle of elbow abduction i.e. the angle of the upper arm to the forearm and not the degree of elbow extension. This angle is approximately 23 degrees in Saeed’s case.”
ICC General Manager – Cricket, David Richardson, said: “There is a big difference between the “elbow carry angle” (elbow abduction) and the degree of elbow extension. There is nothing preventing a bowler bowling with a bent arm, provided he does not straighten it beyond the permitted degrees of tolerance.”