- 3rd Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Women Cricket Challenge Trophy T-20
- PEPSI-PCB Stars Program for U-16s Trails at National Stadium Karachi
- PCB setup a committee to scrutinize and evaluate the applications for...
- PCB announces induction of Zaheer Abbas & Moin Khan in PCB Team
- PCB condoles the death of Sheikh Khaliq Ahmed
PCB wants to rebut a story appeared in Express Tribune today about selection of overage player for U-19 Asia Cup
Lahore June 7, 2012: Pakistan Cricket Board wants to rebut a story appeared in Express Tribune today about selection of overage player for U-19 Asia Cup.
The information given in the story are contrary to the facts hence need clarification. It is clarified that the age of Mr. Shahid Ilyas is correct as mentioned on Pakistan Cricket Board website www.pcb.com.pk and his age is within given cut-off dates by ACC and ICC for ACC U-19 Asia Cup 2012 and ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup 2012 respectively. As per the rule for eligibility of the participating players for both the tournaments, the players who are born on or after September 1st 1992 are eligible to play for the above-mentioned tournaments.
It is pertinent to mention here that Mr. Ilyas was stopped to tour with Pakistan U-19 Squad to South Africa in January this year as an objection was raised against his age. Later, after a thorough investigation he was cleared by the PCB. PCB regrets the publication of this story.