- The seventh Meeting of the PCB Management Committee held at Gaddafi...
- Domestic Cricket Structure & Domestic Calendar 2014-15
- The Pakistan National Cricket team visited the Army Relief Camp at...
- PCB announces high profile Bid Committees for Media Rights & PSL
- Pakistan Women Team Management announced for Australia Tour & for 17th...
The 28th meeting of PCB Governing Board was held today at NCA
Lahore August 24, 2013: The 28th meeting of PCB Governing Board was held here today at the National Cricket Academy. The Caretaker Chairman PCB Mr. Najam Sethi presided over the meeting while M/s. Shakil Ahmed Shaikh, Muhammad Rafiq Bughio, Qaisar Khan Jamali, Masood Anwar Hamid, Muhammad Haroon Rasheed, Muhammad Iqbal Qasim, Commodore (Retd) Mirza Arshad Hussain, Dr Jawad Sajid Khan, Wajahat Ullah Wasti, Subhan Ahmad (COO) and Badar M. Khan (CFO) were in attendance. Mr. Imtiaz Ahmad was not present owning to his personal commitments.
Following decisions were taken in the meeting:
1. The board passed a condolence reference in the memory of Mr. Munir Hussain, a senior journalist and broadcaster, in acknowledgement of the services rendered by him for the game of cricket, and fateha was offered for the departed soul. A committee consisting of Mr. Shakil Ahmed Shaikh and Mr. Nadeem Sarwar (PCB’s GM Media) was constituted to see what other steps (such as naming a press box in his name) may be taken in commeration of his services to Pakistan cricket. The committee will in due course submit its recommendations to the BoG.
2. The BoG provisionally approved the budget of the Board for the year 2013-2014.
3. The seats in Finance and Audit Committees had fallen vacant due to some BoG members leaving the board as they left the departments they represented in the BoG. The board reconstituted the committees so that Mr. Haroon Rashid was appointed the head while Mr. Jawad Sajid Khan as a member and CFO as secretary to the Finance Committee, while Commodore (Retd) Mirza Arshad Hussain as head of the Audit Committee whereas Mr. Qaisar Khan Jamali will be a member while Manager Audit will be the secretary to the committee.
4. The Governing Board was updated on the sale of media rights for the upcoming Pakistan home series against South Africa and Sri Lanka. The Board was informed that, according to its decision in the last meeting, M/s. Earnest and Young has been appointed independent auditors to monitor the whole process. The Board was also informed about the formulation of bid committee which includes Mr. Ehsan Mani, Justice Shabbir Hussain Rizvi, Mr. Ahmed Hossain, the PCB COO and CFO. The board was also informed that the Caretaker Chairman has absolutely no role to play in the process.