Lahore May 12, 2017: The Anti-Corruption Tribunal held its preliminary hearing today at the National Cricket Academy, Lahore and the following were in attendance:
- Jus. (R) Asghar Haider (Chairman)
- Lt. Gen. (R) Tauqir Zia (Member)
- Mr. Wasim Bari (Member)
- Mr. Hassan Iqbal, Advocate for Nasir Jamshaid
- Mr. Taffazul Rizvi and Haider Ali Khan Advocates for PCB
- Mr. Salman Naseer, GM Legal Affairs PCB
- Col. (R) Mohammad Azam Khan, Head of PCB’s Vigilance and Security Department
PCB’s counsel read out the charges leveled by PCB against Mr. Nasir Jamshaid namely, Articles 2.4.6; and 2.4.7 of the PCB Anti-Corruption Code for Participants 2015.
The Tribunal in consultation and with concurrence of both parties agreed upon the procedure and timelines to be adopted under the Anti-Corruption Code. PCB shall submit its opening brief detailing its claims along with the evidence to be relied on by 26th May 2017.
Nasir Jamshaid shall be provided an opportunity to respond by filing an Answering Brief on 9th June 2017 and PCB may, at its discretion, file a Reply Brief on 14th June 2017. The Final Hearing shall commence from 30hJune 2017 on a day to day basis.
Since under the PCB’s Anti-Corruption Code the proceedings are meant to be kept confidential, no comments will be made by any party or the Tribunal on the merits of the case.