- The seventh Meeting of the PCB Management Committee held at Gaddafi...
- Domestic Cricket Structure & Domestic Calendar 2014-15
- The Pakistan National Cricket team visited the Army Relief Camp at...
- PCB announces high profile Bid Committees for Media Rights & PSL
- Pakistan Women Team Management announced for Australia Tour & for 17th...
3rd Meeting of the PCB Management Committee
Lahore March 31, 2014: The 3rd Meeting of the PCB’s Management Committee (MC) took place today at the National Cricket Academy, Lahore. The following were in attendance:
1. Mr. Najam Aziz Sethi - Chairman PCB
2. Mr. Shaharyar Khan - Member
3. Mr. Naveed Akram Cheema - Member
4. Mr. Shakil Shaikh - Member
5. Mr. Iqbal Qasim - Member
6. Mr. Subhan Ahmad - Chief Operating Officer
7. Mr. Badar .M. Khan - Chief Financial Officer
8. Mr. Salman Naseer - Secretary to the Board
9. Mr. Amjad Hussain - Director Media, Implementation and Coordination
Amongst others, the following discussions/decisions were taken:
- · The way forward was outlined in relation to the grant of Media Rights and staging of the Pakistan Super League. It was agreed that the bidding procedures to be adopted in this relation would be transparent and ensure fairplay.
- · The Management Committee discussed in detail the audited accounts for the year 2012-2013 and directed the PCB management to submit a report on various queries raised at the meeting.
- · Management Committee was apprised that PCB had abstained from voting in favor of the resolutions of ICC pertaining to the governance and future revenues. The members noted the situation vis-à-vis the reformed/amended ICC proposals along with the recent developments that have taken place in India and agreed that PCB should formulate its stance at the upcoming ICC meeting in the larger interest of cricket in Pakistan.
- · The members endorsed the administrative decisions taken by PCB in relation to dispensing with the services of its redundant or unutilized employees. However, it was agreed that the Chairman PCB would, in exceptional circumstances, review and redress a particular decision taken by Management.
- · The members whilst appreciating the services of late Mr. Aamir Bashir – a cricketer from Multan who passed away in 2010, agreed to pay tribute by designating an Enclosure in his name at the Multan Cricket Stadium.
- · Members agreed to continue with policy reforms in the Board to attain the optimum level of efficiency and cost-effectiveness.