- Interim Committees of RCA Bahawalpur, Faisalabad, Rawalpindi and Lahore City
- PCB appointed Basit Ali as Cricket Consultant for Zone I
- PCB constituted a 3-member committee to ascertain the facts in the...
- Second Meeting of the PCB Management Committee
- PCB announces induction of Rashid Latif in PCB team as Chief Selector
Chairman PCB congratulates Pakistan Under-19 squad on its Tri-Nation triumph
LAHORE–July 25, 2013: The PCB Chairman Mr Najam Sethi has congratulated Pakistan Under-19 squad on its Tri-Nation triumph in England. Pakistan trounced England in the final in Nottingham on Monday by 192 runs to lift the trophy on the back of a splendid century by Man of the Final skipper Sami Aslam and a four-for by Zafar Gohar.
The third team in the tournament was Bangladesh.
In a message to captain Sami Aslam and the team management, the PCB Chairman expressed his delight over the emphatic victory of Pakistan’s young guns. “I am especially pleased with the consistency and talent of this young lot. The entire team played well throughout the event and even its opponents would concede that it merited the title.
“Whenever an Under-19 team or an ‘A’ squad shows such promise, it brings double joy because it reflects that the younger lot are talented enough to be blooded in case there is a need in the senior side. The point to note is that the entire team had a good outing.
“I congratulate the boys on this important win. May they continue to progress and grow and showcase their skills at the senior level as well”, said Najam Sethi.