- Team Pakistan departs for Dubai tomorrow
- PCB to hold day-long Curators' Workshops at Rawalpindi, Lahore and Karachi
- National Selection Committee announced ten players for three day workshop,...
- Chairman PCB congratulates Pakistan Women's Team on retaining gold medal
- PCB condoles the death of Asher Butt's father
Coach delighted at performance
Women’s team praised after Sri Lanka tour
LAHORE: Pakistan women’s team coach Mansoor Rana praised the performance of his brigade and cited the recent achievement as a giant step towards developing a quality side.
Pakistan claimed the Asian Games gold medal before clinching the Twenty20 Quadrangular Series and later finished on top in the one-day tournament in Sri Lanka.
“We’ve taken a giant step towards being enlisted in the top teams of the cricketing world,” said Rana. “We have improved a lot and with one more year of work we will compete with the top teams.”
Rana praised the women for maintaining their fitness throughout the Sri Lankan tour and believes fitness is an essential part as the camp now fully acknowledges it.
“I was afraid of what our performance would be in the 50-over game but things went smoothly.
“The level of confidence is far better than before and the most important aspect is that exposure has transformed the girls and made them more professional,” said Rana.