LAHORE - Pakistan Cricket Board’s Chief Operating Officer Subhan Ahmed has said that official talks with the Board of Cricket Control in India (BCCI) to revive cricket series will resume after the Indian Premier League. Subhan in a TV interview said that the PCB was in contact with the Indian board. “If both sides bring minor changes to their schedule, an Indo-Pak series would be possible this year,” he added. He also said that the PCB was in contact with the ICC Task Force, and there would soon be good news about the restoration of international cricket in Pakistan.
Responding to a question related to runaway wicketkeeper Zulqarnain Haider, who will return to Pakistan on April 25, Subhan said that the player had yet to respond to the PCB’s letter. The now-retired wicketkeeper had stunned one and all by fleeing the team hotel in Dubai hours before the final one-day international against South Africa last year. After reaching London, he had claimed that he had got death threats from a person who wanted him to fix matches, and subsequently sought asylum in the United Kingdom.