- The seventh Meeting of the PCB Management Committee held at Gaddafi...
- Domestic Cricket Structure & Domestic Calendar 2014-15
- The Pakistan National Cricket team visited the Army Relief Camp at...
- PCB announces high profile Bid Committees for Media Rights & PSL
- Pakistan Women Team Management announced for Australia Tour & for 17th...
Pakistan A to field spin duo
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan will go into opening one-dayer against Afghanistan with two regular spinners — Yasir Shah and Zulfiqar Babar.
Pakistan A team coach Sajjad Akbar confirmed that two spinners was an ideal option for the match on a pitch where bowlers would have to bowl in proper line and length to control batsmen.
“We would go with two spinners and since the duo of Yasir and Zulfiqar is the best we would prefer them,” he said.
Meanwhile, selectors have replaced Mansoor Amjad and included Saad Naseem in the team. “Mansoor is in England and has not reported as yet. Saad, an allrounder, from Lahore will replace him on the team,” Sajjad said.
He termed A team’s response as highly positive. “Players are in good knick and are responding well. Hopefully they would play the series with the same vein,” he said.
Meanwhile, Afghanistan have finalised 12-members for the first one-dayer.
Afghanistan squad: Nawroz Mangal (captain), Mohammad Nabi (vice captain), Asghar Stanikzai, Moahmmad Shahzad, Karim Sadiq, Hamid Hassan, Noor Ali Zadran, Shapoor Zadran, Samiullah Shinwari, Javed Ahmedi, Gulbadin Naib, Mirwais Ashraf.