The following is the World XI’s training schedule and media opportunities in Dubai on 9 and 10 September. The side will assemble in Dubai before traveling to Lahore on 10 September for the Independence Cup matches, which will be played on 12, 13 and 15 September:
9 September – The side will not hold a training session, but coach Andy Flower and Darren Sammy will be available for interviews at16h00 in the Al Waha 1 & 2, InterContinental Hotel, Festival City, Dubai.
10 September – The side will hold a training session at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium in Sports City from 12h00. Beforehand, Hashim Amla and Grant Elliott will be available for media interviews.
The World XI’s schedule of media activities in Lahore will be announced in due course.
The World XI for the Independence Cup is:
1. Faf du Plessis (captain) (South Africa)
2. Hashim Amla (South Africa)
3. Samuel Badree (Windies)
4. George Bailey (Australia)
5. Paul Collingwood (England)
6. Ben Cutting (Australia)
7. Grant Elliott (New Zealand)
8. Tamim Iqbal (Bangladesh)
9. David Miller (South Africa)
10. Morne Morkel (South Africa)
11. Tim Paine (wicketkeeper) (Australia)
12. Thisara Perera (Sri Lanka)
13. Darren Sammy (Windies)
14. Imran Tahir (South Africa)
Former Zimbabwe captain and ex-England coach Andy Flower is the coach of the side, while Will Quin is the manager.
Please contact Sami Ul Hasan at +971504528662 for further information.