- 3rd Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Women Cricket Challenge Trophy T-20
- PEPSI-PCB Stars Program for U-16s Trails at National Stadium Karachi
- PCB setup a committee to scrutinize and evaluate the applications for...
- PCB announces induction of Zaheer Abbas & Moin Khan in PCB Team
- PCB condoles the death of Sheikh Khaliq Ahmed
Decisions at the 24th PCB Governing Board meeting
LAHORE – October 24, 2012: The twenty fourth meeting of PCB Governing Board was held on 23rd October 2012 at Abbottabad under the Chairmanship of Ch. M. Zaka Ashraf with M/s. Aamir Nawab, Shakil Sheikh, Ch. M. Anwar, Intikhab Alam, Javed Miandad and Subhan Ahmad (COO) were in attendance.
Before the meeting, Chairman PCB and the members of BOG visited Abbottabad Stadium where they received a briefing on the status and requirements of the stadium.
Later in the board meeting following decisions were taken:
1. Appreciating the Abbottabad’s point of view, a budget of Rs.12.5 millions was approved by the Board of Governors for the upgradation and development work in the stadium. It was decided that besides other areas, a boundary wall will be constructed around the stadium and green slopes will be built to facilitate the spectators.
2. The Board of Governors received an update on the cricket stadium being built in Islamabad. This stadium, when complete, with a capacity of 50,000, will be the largest cricket stadium in Pakistan. For this purpose the PCB has already taken over a piece of land measuring 35 acres in Islamabad. The board unanimously decided to name the stadium after Mohtarma Shaheed Benazir Bhutto.
3. The BOG received a presentation on the planned Twenty20 Pakistan Premier League. The board was updated on the progress thus far and a roadmap was shared with them. The board appreciated it as a positive initiative for the revival of international cricket in Pakistan.
4. To ensure best security protocols for the international teams, the BOG unanimously approved the purchase of bullet proof buses. The members noted that the step would enable the PCB to achieve higher security measures for the teams visiting Pakistan in future.
5. The Board endorsed the decision to use Kookaburra balls in PCB domestic tournaments, terming it a positive step for the improvement of domestic cricket in Pakistan. The BOG observed that PCB is concentrating on development of domestic cricket and lauded the efforts of Chairman PCB in this regard.
6. Since the last BOG meeting a number of resolutions had been passed by circulation. All of these resolutions were tabled and ratified by the board.