- The seventh Meeting of the PCB Management Committee held at Gaddafi...
- Domestic Cricket Structure & Domestic Calendar 2014-15
- The Pakistan National Cricket team visited the Army Relief Camp at...
- PCB announces high profile Bid Committees for Media Rights & PSL
- Pakistan Women Team Management announced for Australia Tour & for 17th...
Pakistan blind team claims series win
LAHORE: Pakistan blind cricket team has taken an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match One-Day International (ODI) series against Australia.
With a five-wicket victory, Pakistan also secured their 23rd consecutive ODI win, the longest winning streak in international blind cricket.
Put into bat, Australia piled on the runs, scoring 291 for nine in 40 overs. Mathew Horsey top-scored with 89 while Wilson (38) and Lindsay Heaven (36) were the other notable contributors. Abdul Razzaq was the pick of the bowlers as he claimed two wickets.
Pakistan got off to a dismal start, losing their first wicket with just nine on the board. Thereafter, Masood Jan (52) and Muhammad Waqas (72) played brilliantly and added 100 runs for the second wicket.
Muhammad Jameel rounded off the innings with a bristling knock of 60 runs and guided Pakistan to the target safely in the 29th over for the loss of five wickets.
Raymond Moxly was the most successful Australian bowler as he grabbed a brace.