- PCB announces high profile Bid Committees for Media Rights & PSL
- Pakistan Women Team Management announced for Australia Tour & for 17th...
- PCB Women Wing shocked, saddened at Haleema Rafiq suicide
- Pakistan Women Teams announced for Australia Tour & 17th Asian Games to be...
- Pakistan Team Management announced for U-17 Team tour to England
Scrutiny of Nomination Forms - LCCA Election 2014
Lahore June 23, 2014: The Election Commissioner PCB Ahmed Shahzad Farooq Rana after scrutiny of nomination forms & hearing of objections finalized the provisional list. The candidates can withdraw their nomination form within 7 days.
Objections against Mr. Nadeem Ahmed, Mr. Muhammad Shoaib Dar, Mian Muhammad Mobin, Mr. Sarfraz Ahmad & Mr. Javed Amin were filed. The objections were decided vide detailed orders dated 20th June 2014.
Mr. Mubarik Ali, candidate for President is not eligible to contest election as he has failed to meet the requisite criteria of academic qualification (i.e. FA) for a candidate, therefore, his nomination form has been rejected.
The following candidates are eligible to contest election subject to fulfilling the conditions set out in PCB Election Rules. As per rule mentioned under sub heading (Candidates) of heading “Qualification of office bearers” i.e. at Page 4 of procedure of LCCA Election, the President and Secretary should not be from the same zone:-
Candidates for President
1. Nadeem Ahmed (West Zone)
2. Malik Muhammad Imran Bucha (East Zone)
3. Gen (R) Tauqir Zia (West Zone)
Candidate for Secretary
1. Muhammad Shoaib Dar (West Zone)
2. Mian Muhammad Mobin (North Zone)
3. Muhammad Naseer Shahzad (North Zone)
4. Najam Mirza (East Zone)
Candidates for Treasurer
1. Mian Muhammad Mobin (North Zone)
2. Abdul Majid Khan (East Zone)
3. Muhammad Naeem Khan (West Zone)
4. Sarfraz Ahmad (East Zone)
5. Javaid Amin (East Zone)
By following the above rule, balloting for President’s seat would be held first and if the returned candidate would be from West Zone, the candidate of Secretary from West Zone shall be debarred from contesting election 2014.