- Team Pakistan departs for Dubai tomorrow
- PCB to hold day-long Curators' Workshops at Rawalpindi, Lahore and Karachi
- National Selection Committee announced ten players for three day workshop,...
- Chairman PCB congratulates Pakistan Women's Team on retaining gold medal
- PCB condoles the death of Asher Butt's father
Shoaib wants farewell match
LAHORE - Pakistan's enigmatic fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar wants to be given an opportunity to play a final farewell match this year although he announced his retirement from international cricket during the World Cup. Although Shoaib himself has kept a low profile since returning from the World Cup, well-placed sources confirmed that the fast bowler had conveyed to the PCB about his desire to play a farewell match.
The experienced player suffered a setback in the World Cup as his announcement after the New Zealand match led him to not getting another opportunity in the cricketing extravaganza. Ross Taylor and Co. smashed him for 28 runs in his last international over. Worse, he was fined USD 2000 for misbehaving with teammate Kamran Akmal who dropped Taylor twice in one over of Shoaib.