- As per Covid-19 protocols for the 2019-20 season, respected members of the media can only attend and cover matches at the National Stadium. Detailed 15 September media advisory to this effect is available here, while key media guidelines are reproduced below
- Click here for more information on Quaid-e-Azam Trophy 2020-21
- Urdu version of the media release attached here
Karachi, 23 October 2020: The four-day first-class Quaid-e-Azam Trophy, jewel in the crown of Pakistan cricket, will get underway at three Karachi venues from Sunday, 25 October. However, due to Covid-19 protocols, the media will only be allowed to attend 11 matches, including the final, at the National Stadium.
The following is important information for media attending or covering the tournament:
- Emmad Ahmed Hameed (03018452417)
- Ahsan Iftikhar Nagi (03040557586)
- For domestic players, please contact the respective team managers in the first instance. If they are not available, only then contact the PCB staff. The team managers will try their best to entertain media requests over ‘phone and online, only on non-match days and depending on the player availability.
Match updates, scorecard and Hashtags
- Except for the five-day final, there will be no live-scoring but regular updates from all the matches will be provided through @TheRealPCB_Live
- Match scorecards will be available here.
- Hashtags are #HarHaalMainCricket and #QeA20
- The PCB will provide the following rights-free content, which will strictly be for editorial purposes and not for using on social media channels:
- Previews and review in English and Urdu
- Interviews and colour pieces in English and Urdu
- Action images, which will be available here
- Brief highlights from non-broadcast matches, which will be provided directly to the TV news channels
Virtual media conferences
- The PCB will arrange online media conferences of captains and star performers from the National Stadium matches at the end of each day.
- The PCB will provide video clips of star performers from the National Bank Sports Complex, UBL Sports Complex and State Bank Stadium
Broadcast and live-stream
- All matches taking place at the National Stadium will be produced by the PCB and broadcast by PTV Sports with delayed live-stream in HD available on the PCB YouTube Channel
- The event playing conditions are available here
The PCB has drafted media protocols for the health and safety of all the respected media persons who will be involved in the coverage of the 2020-21 Quaid-e-Azam Trophy during these unprecedented Covid-19 pandemic.
The PCB will provide access for the coverage of the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy ONLY at the National Stadium. Venues of other First and Second XI Quaid-e-Azam Trophy are out of bound for the media.
These are overarching guidelines, which may change and amend at last minute, as Covid-19 is an evolving situation.
- The PCB will only provide running tea, coffee and water and strongly encourages respected members of the media to bring their own food, drinks and cutlery
- If you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms, please don’t attempt to arrive at the venue to cover the match
- Upon arrival, there will be thermal temperature checking
- Please always ensure two-metre social distancing and wear masks at all times when at the venue
- Accredited media is strongly advised to avoid gatherings when at the venue
- Only 50+ members of the media or those with special needs will be allowed to use the venue lifts and only one person at a time can use the service
- Photographers/camerapersons will be accommodated in the public enclosures on the either side of the media centres and are prohibited from picking or touching the cricket ball when at the venue
- There will be hand sanitisers in the media working areas but the accredited media are encouraged to also bring their own sanitisers just in case these are short at match venues
- During the day, there will be random temperature testing by the concerned officials
- No in-person media-player interaction is allowed in the team hotel, training and match venues